The Alexandra Resort, located on world famous Grace Bay Beach in Turks & Caicos Islands, recently published a "Top 15 Things to do with Kids in the Turks & Caicos Islands" list for their guests.
The list included the following activities:
1. Go to the children’s park at The Bight. Located right on Grace Bay Beach, there are swings, a jungle gym, teeter totters and more.
2. After playing at the park, head across the street to the National Environmental Centre and view exhibits on the coral reef and ecosystem s in Turks & Caicos.
3. Enjoy a glass bottom semi submarine ride, which departs with Caicos Tours from Turtle Cove. You might see sharks and turtles, and you’ll definitely see lots of tropical fish and beautiful coral.
4. Go horseback riding with Provo Ponies on beautiful Long Bay Beach.
5. Spending the morning at Taylor Bay or Sapodilla Beach then head over to Neptune Villas where you can enjoy a tasty lunch at Las Brisas, followed by either a 2 hour pontoon boat cruise or some kayaking on Chalk Sound. Make arrangements with the owners of Las Brisas.
6. Arrange a boating excursion with Caicos Dream Tours to visit some other cays and do some snorkeling. Caicos Dream Tours' excursions depart from the beach in front of the Alexandra Resort.
7. Visit Fun World, which offers mini golf, rock climbing and go-karts.
8. Try out snuba, which allows you to try the experience on scuba diving by going a little deeper than snorkeling without deep sea diving.
9. Learn a new sport! The Turks and Caicos is a great place to try out kite boarding, paddle boarding, tennis, golf and more. There are great facilities and qualified instructors on the island.
10. Take a day trip to another island. With fast speed ferry service available to North Caicos and South Caicos, your family can enjoy some time on the water and then the opportunity to discover other islands in this beautiful country.
11. See the glow worms! On the third and fourth night after the full moon, take a cruise on the Atebayra and witness the amazing glow worm show.
12. Digicel TCI Cinemas offers at least three shows daily and is the perfect spot to visit if the weather is not conducive to outdoor activities.
13. Enjoy a Mommy and me trip to the spa. Some of the spas on the island offer manis, pedis, and facials for kids.
14. Even kids enjoy a bit of retail therapy. Head to Regent Village and Salt Mills for tourist boutique shops, and if you are looking for toys, visit the Do It Center, Kischo or Business Solutions. The Unicorn Bookstore is also a fantastic place to buy books for children and adults, as well as a nice selection of toys and arts and crafts supplies.
15. Visit the only conch farm in the world. Children and parents alike will enjoy the educational tour that tells the story about the local delicacy from the sea.
The Alexandra Resort features family-friendly suites, all equipped with housekeeping facilities, flat screen TV's and large decks or patios. In addition, there is a brand new kids club, The Pelican Club, a large free form swimming pool, complimentary non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, a fitness room and the popular Mango Reef Restaurant. The resort occupies over 600 feet of frontage on one of the top ranked beaches in the world.
Great spring specials are now available, including a very family friendly Easter Getaway, available to book until March 15, 2013.