TURKS AND CAICOS WEDDING PLANNING ADVICE PART ONE
The Turks and Caicos Islands are often recognized as being one of the most romantic Caribbean destinations for honeymoons, but did you know that this exclusive destination is also one of the most convenient places in the Caribbean to get married?
If you are planning a Caribbean wedding, consider Providenciales for your ceremony. Here are six great reasons why you should.
- Ease of access. The Turks and Caicos are located just 575 miles southeast of Miami. Direct flights less than four hours in length are available year round from New York City, Newark, Charlotte, Miami, Toronto and several other major cities. Once on Providenciales most resorts, including our own Alexandra Resort, are no more than a 15 minute drive from the airport.
- English is the official language. Have convenience and peace of mind by receiving wedding services from English speaking coordinators, enjoy your wedding ceremony in English and a marriage license written in English.
- Gorgeous weather. Turks and Caicos has one of the best climates in the Caribbean. Low precipitation and humidity levels compared to other island destinations reduce the risk of weather-related interruptions to your outdoor ceremony.
- Affordable and easy marriage license arrangements. Unlike some other Caribbean islands, couples only need to be in Turks and Caicos for only 48 hours before applying for a marriage license. The fee is just $250 U.S. Please note that the Registrar’s Office that grants marriage licenses is only open from Monday to Friday, and that any documents (i.e. passports, birth certificates, etc.) which are not in English must be translated and notarized before presenting to the Registrar’s Office. Cruise ship passengers (arriving in Grand Turk) can also apply for a special license to get married on the day of arrival.
- Bragging rights. It’s hard to find a more exclusive location for a Caribbean wedding than Turks and Caicos. You can join Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, Bruce Willis and Emma Heming, and other jetsetters who have chosen this special place to make their important vows.
- Combine ceremony and honeymoon location. Turks and Caicos is such a beautiful destination, there is no need to go anywhere else on your honeymoon.
Aside from the conveniences of getting married here, it’s important to consider the sheer beauty of our beaches and the exceptional resorts, restaurants and spas that will help make your special day truly memorable. The Alexandra Resort and Mango Reef Restaurant present the ideal venue for your Turks and Caicos wedding, and a dedicated team of resort professionals await to help turn your dreams into reality.
Watch for part two of this blog, where we’ll share advice on those important wedding suppliers, including photographers, stylists, florists and more.
Until then, please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions on how to start planning the perfect Turks and Caicos wedding.