We’re often asked “What is there to do in Turks and Caicos?”
For a small country, there is lots to do on Providenciales and the other 39 islands and cays that make up the Turks and Caicos. Marine based activities are somewhat obvious in this destination that is home to the world’s third largest barrier reef and some of the clearest ocean waters on the planet. However, even the most ardent sea lover needs to spend some time on solid ground. Here are our top 10 suggestions for things to do on land in Turks and Caicos.
- Golf at Provo Golf Club. Rated one of the top golf courses in the Caribbean, the 18 hole championship course recently announced David Feherty as the course ambassador.
- Play Tennis. Alexandra Resort offers complimentary use of its tennis courts to resort guests. Tennis courts and lessons are also available at Provo Golf Club.
- Walk Grace Bay Beach. One of the longest beaches in the Caribbean, why not treat (or perhaps challenge) yourself to walking the 12 mile stretch of sugary white sand. Collect shells, and look for starfish and other marine beauties during your journey.
- Go Cycling. Guests of the Alexandra Resort may use the resort’s complimentary pedal bikes and helmets. You can also take an organized cycling excursion with Big Blue Unlimited to explore North Caicos and Middle Caicos.
- Go Horseback Riding. Caicos Corral offers small group horseback riding excursion on beautiful Long Bay beach. They design the excursion to match the skill set of the riders.
- Get Dirty on an Island Buggy Adventure. Take a day trip to Grand Turk (round trip flight additional) and then explore historic plantations and the old salt ponds, all while passing wild horses, with Chukka Tours.
- Indulge in a Spa Day. Turks and Caicos is home to some fabulous spas, including our own fabulous spa, Elevate Spa.
- Go Shopping. Turks and Caicos may not be in the same league as larger Caribbean destinations when it comes to shopping, but you can still find beautiful jewelry, island apparel, find art and locally made crafts in the unique shops located at Regent Village and SaltMills Plaza.
- Dine Around. Vacation offers the best time to sample new cuisine and indulge in leisurely meals. Try local food at the Fish Fry or Bugaloos for lunch, and then for dinner treat yourself to a wonderful meal the Alexandra Resort overlooking world famous Grace Bay beach. Guest staying at the Alexandra Resort can also take advantage of a free dining shuttle to have meals at the sister hotels in the Turks and Caicos Collection.
For more information on things to do in Turks and Caicos, contact the guest service team at the Alexandra Resort.